Wanted: Chocolate Lava Cake

>> Friday, June 25, 2010

If I'm a soup person, I'm definitely a dessert goddess too. I'll pass for a steak, but I'll definitely wouldn't miss a cup of gelato, cake, pies, ice cream and all those desserts. A complete meal ain't complete with such sweet treats!

Recently in Pizza Hut: I have not really paid their desserts much attention, more so their cakes. Often, I look for ice cream rather than cakes. But this time, for dessert, I ordered Choco Lava Cake ala mode.

Me reminiscing: I could suddenly remember the heavenly Chocolate Lava Cake I had in Applebees, back when I was in Illinois. It was more than heaven. The cake was very moist and warm. On top were white and chocolate fudge drizzles almost covering the cake and the ice cream. The cold vanilla ice cream beside was melting. A truly delicious indulgence and a perfect label of 'chocolate lava cake' ala mode.



Applebees' Chocolate Lava Cake Ala Mode
(in super macro)



farther view of the heavenly dessert



another dessert from a different restaurant


Single Blondie Cake Ala Mode by Ruby Tuesday
warm pie with Vanilla ice cream and caramel drizzles



I'm a little hopeful that I would see more than this (see below pic) from Pizza Hut, nonetheless the cake their talking about is really a hard-crusted cupcake. They added chocolate syrup to make it look like it's flowing from the inside (oh! we can't fake that part whatever we do) and topped it with Cherry. Beside it was the super sweet vanilla ice cream.
I grade it 2 over 5. :(

Choco Lava Cake from Pizza Hut


I'm on the lookout for a perfect Choco Lava Cake here in the Metro!
Please let me know if you spotted one. :)

6 Comments:

J June 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM  

Have u tried Outback's?

-mayang- June 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

i havent actually. hmmm, ill check their menu and see if i can be convinced to try it. thanks for the tip! :)

i♥pinkc00kies June 27, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

Starbucks had this a few months ago. I wasn't able to try it though but I've read reviews that it's good.

i♥pinkc00kies June 27, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

but you can prolly try ordering from PURPLE OVEN? http://www.munchpunch.com/restaurants/branch/menus/5994.aspx

I heard they supply the cakes in Starbucks. :) hope it helps.

♕ reyna June 28, 2010 at 4:46 PM  

waaaah!... vanilla ice creaaam!!!.. i like i like!... ^_^

-mayang- July 1, 2010 at 6:27 PM  

u8mypinkcookies:

oh - i have tried Purple Oven. my team mates would splurge on their cakes every chance we get.

I wonder why I haven't blogged about that ...
thanks for the tip!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

Grab This Widget

Total Pageviews

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP